PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mr. Lovie's 30th Birthday Party Decor

This past weekend was Mr. Lovie's 30th birthday!! I had a great time planning his little party for him and our friends. There's always more that I wish I could have had time for, but I love the decorations that I did have time to make for the party. 
 Pinterest was a big help with recipes, too, of course. Chocolate Covered Banana Bites and Peanut Butter Brownie Bites were the sweets. My Granny's infamous cheese dip was a big hit, too. 
 The yummy looking cupcakes came from Matt's family party the night before. Mm.
These little cupcake/dessert toppers were too fun to make. I'll share them with you later this week!! 
 I got the idea for these toppers at Kojo Designs' Pretty Parties series. I tweaked a few things. More details later. 

"Prouda you" is something Matt and I say to each other daily for everything...when we're being serious like when he finished his last day of Year 2 of Law school, I said, "Prouda you" or when we're being ridiculous and I'm just sitting on the couch in pajamas and no makeup and he looks over at me and says, "Prouda you...for being so cute" I know, I know...ridiculous. It's from the movie, "October Sky". We've said it to each other ever since that random weekend we watched it together. It had to be a part of his birthday party since 30 is kinda a milestone and he's been working so hard these past few years. 
I attempted to paint the canvas in an ombre blue, and then I cut out letters from fabric and modge podged them on. It's such a quick and simple project. I'm not lying when I say I did it in less than 45 minutes (not counting drying time for the paint or modge podge). I cut a slit in the wrapped box and stuck the canvas in it. The box acted as a stand for it and it sat on our party table. 
Goofball.

 I also made a sweet bunting. And I have to tell you. This is the first time in my life that I have ever drawn large letters like that. I have this uncanny ability to cut out letters (without drawing them first) quickly and well, but I can NEVER write them and make them look good. It took several tries but I did it. Look at me. I'm growing. Check back later for a template for the little flags! 
 And then this beauty is my favorite piece of decor from the party. I followed Kristin of Kojo Designs' directions for the torn fabric garland. LOVE it. While slightly time-consuming, it's so easy and it really can be done in one night. I'm excited to use it for another party, too. I tied the bunting directly to it. and it turned out great! 
 The birthday boy and me enjoyed celebrating his 30th. I hope you had a great weekend, too! Check back soon for the Dessert Topper Tutorials and Tips and the Bunting Template later this week.

Linking to the parties on my sidebar!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great party decor!! I especially love the dessert toppers, as well as the fabric garland!!

Susie @Bowdabra said...

Hi Allie
Oh my! These are fabulous! You take great pictures of your work, too! Very fun!

We would LOVE for you to stop over and link up this awesome idea in our Crafty Saturday Showcase. The Showcase runs Saturday through Thursday. Then our Designers will pick their top linked up picks and feature them on Friday! Stop over and join in the fun! We have a linky for crafty bloggers and ETSY/Business Bloggers, too!

Have a super weekend,

Susie
http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/26/saturday-showcase-craft-projects-3/

Unknown said...

Awww this looks like a day filled with happiness and fun! Nice photos too... Thanks for sharing this piece of delight in life... Let me share my own 30th birthday ideas that may help you for future birthday celebrations ;-)

Cheers!

Alex moner said...

It had to be a part of his birthday party since 30 is kinda a milestone and he's been working so hard these past few years. 30th birthday ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad