PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Unfinished Summer

 Wow. It has been way too long since I've posted. I've missed you!! I think I've been reluctant to post due to not finishing any projects I've started in several weeks. And, well, I've kinda just been living and enjoying this summer for what is left of it... So just to catch you up to speed with the happenings of me and my summer of unfinished profjects...

That lovely vintage sheet up there was being turned into a dress. It still could be but I'm done with it for a little bit. After seeing this post on making your own pattern I felt compelled to just try making my own pattern and give a go at recreating a dress that I love out of that fun sheet. Being a beginner at sewing, I screwed it up and fixed it several times, but it's still not quite right so the dress and I need a break from each other.  
 Remember my last post about trying mosaic art?  Yeah, I know it was forever ago, and yet I'm still in the same place I was. My pieces of glass and ceramics have been broken and sorted, but there they sit on my porch with the pots that haven't been touched, the flowers that haven't been planted, and still more dishes that haven't even been broken yet. I got to this point and kinda got restless and moved on to other projects... By the time I finish it, summer will be over. and my flowers will be dead. Oops.
 The past few days I've been working on this doily art-which I also haven't finished either, of course. 
Along with the doily art I've been working on this framed card art. And you guessed it -  it's not finished either. LOVE Curly Girl cards, art and accessories! Any cards I've been given or have bought, I like to turn into something I can keep because they're so pretty and unique and have the sweetest sayings. The framed card art and doily art will go in our guest bathroom when finished. Eventually....

The reason I haven't finished any projects is because it's summer, and in the summer there are just so many other things that need to be done...

like learning about Antarctica and building igloos and penguins with my summer school class...
Like catching up on DVR (I heart So You Think You Can DANCE, dance dance dance! HGTV Design Star, Project Runway SOOOOOON, and I embarrassingly admit, The Bachelorette.)...
Like playing with this cute little cuddle dog and her new toy, Mr. Foxie....
Like shopping in little hometown boutique stores and almost buying Kentucky Blue skinny jeans....
Like running in a (surprise) all-terrain 5K with Mr. Lovie and surviving, while still beating my time from the last 5K! 
 And like going out of town to visit friends and family and play with their new puppies. 

So even though I haven't finished anything, I've been busy. With fun things. What have you been up to this summer?! Have you had trouble finishing your projects like I have? 

I will finish something soon and share. Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad