PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ornament Pillows-a little late

After seeing this post on Tatertots and Jello I knew I had to make some pillows like that! Instead of using fabric paint, though, like Jen from Tatertots and Jello did, I appliqued the fabric onto the pillow front and used a zig zag stitch to finish the applique. Everything else I did the same. I love how they turned out! 
My pillows were square and smaller than Jen's were in her tutorial so I had to use less ornaments, but I still like it. I didn't take pictures of the backs of these, but I just did an envelope closure on the back like Jen explains in her tutorial, as well. On the white canvas pillow I used the green print fabric for the back and on the large ornament pillow, I used solid red canvas. 
I guess I should've straightened the ruffles on this pillow before I took the pictures...goodness. I love the ruffles, but since I'd never used trim on pillows before, they're definitely not perfect. These were a gift for my step-mom, Marti, so the imperfections were no matter. She loved that they were homemade like most people do. I also made some more like this that are just a little different for my friend, Dara, and will post those pics when I have them.

For one of my first real sewing projects since I got my machine, I'm feeling pretty good about these. Yay.

I was sort of a pillow-making-machine this past Christmas. More pillows to come -don't worry the next ones aren't Christmas-y. I realize that wonderful holiday is actually over now (even though our tree is still up. Oops.) 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad